Snort mailing list archives

Installing SNORT on windows ERROR

From: Flip Uys <flip.me () outlook com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:58:39 +1030

I am new to Snort and I have had a fair bit of difficulty in configuring it. I have been following the guide for
Installing Snort 2.8.6.1 on windows 7 which I found on through an internet search. I have downloaded Snort 2.9.5
Installer.exe. I have followed the guide and made the changes to the snort.conf file so that it reflects the windows
variant. While most of it was successful when I run the following command: c:\snort\bin\snort -i1 -s -l c:\snort\log\
-c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf –T; I get the following error:ERROR: c:\snort\etc\snort.con<481> Invalid configuration line:
2048.
I figure that this is a pretty simple error that I have made, can someone set me straight?
Thanks