Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pulledpork not generating merged rules file on Windows

From: William Dou <liam.dou () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:31:52 -0400

Apologies for the lack of update, things got busy and other projects
sidetracked this one.

So the day after last entry, I decided to try update again, this time
without the -n runtime, even though it gets 403 error every time (and I
always waited longer than 15 min). This time it successfully fetched rule
files, and processed everything, and actually created a merged rule file
(took around 30 minutes, which is normal).

So why didn't the -n runtime work and create merged rules, even when I
fetch the right files with the right md5 and placed it in the temp folder?
Does "-n" just not work that way?