Snort mailing list archives

log alert to database using barnyard2

From: Ismi Junita Rahmawati <gizhworld () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 03:06:25 +0700

I have a little problem with logging alerts to database using barnyard.
when I start snort to detect attact using syntax snort-A console-q-i eth0-c
/ usr / local / snort / etc / snort.conf, snort can comes up the alert. but
alert cant entered into the databases. When I run this syntax
/usr/local/bin/barnyard2-c / usr/local/snort/etc/barnyard2.conf-G / usr /
local / snort / etc / gen-msg.map-S / usr / local / snort / etc /
sid-msg.map-d / var / log / snort-f snort.u2-w /
var/log/barnyard/barnyard2.waldo

I got a error , FATAL ERROR: The gene map file was included two times the
command line (-G) [/ usr / local / snort / etc / gen-msg.map] and in the
configuration file (config gen_map) [/ usr / local / snort / etc /
gen-msg.map] need to be defined only once.

can somebody tell me where my mistake?
Thank you.