Snort mailing list archives

snort inline mode in FreeBSD and IPFW

From: Nomad Esst <noname.esst () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 04:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list

I'm trying to run snort in inline mode in FreeBSD and IPFW as DAQ. But it does not drop packets. Here's my
configurations:

Here is my custom snort.conf: (named snr.conf)
config daq: ipfw
config daq_mode: inline
config policy_mode: inline
output alert_full: stdout
include snort.rule
Here is a simple rule file: (name snort.rule)
drop tcp any any -> any 23 (msg: "Drop telnet packets"; sid: 1000001)
pass ip any any -> any any
And here is what I do:
snort -c /root/snr.conf -Q --alert-before-pass

And I expect the ICMP packets to pass and telnet packets to drop. But both packet types pass! Am I missing something?
Or snort is buggy in FreeBSD and inline mode?