Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Tests?

From: Keith A. Glass <salgak () speakeasy net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:14:17 EDT

Well, if you're looking to embed full-up testing, I'd think that was overkill.  That, of course, will depend on the
resources available to
your embedded system: I have little expertise there.   I'd think more along the lines of maybe a customized test tool
packaged separately.

Or just a suggested suite of tests from a standardized security distribution, i.e. BackTrack, Helix, etc. .

On Wed Jul 17 11:03 , mulhern  sent:

nmap scan is a good place to start.

More background: I'm setting up some security functionality for the Yocto project (which is for embedded systems) and
it won't be able to
include full functionality. It must all be open source, so VRT rules not allowed and so forth. I need to target the
functionality that it
will offer entirely under an open-source license.

Given that, what do you think?
Thanks!