Snort mailing list archives

Re: Asprox sig

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:44:30 -0400

On 7/11/2013 16:03, Nick Randolph wrote:
The initial dropper is picked up with sid:20221 but I noticed something
interesting when I looked at our samples.

It's not obvious in the write up from M86 but the separation between the
user-agent header and the host header doesn't have the typical \x0d\x0a it only
has \x0a

this is how numerous imposters are found... either the headers are out of order
or they have something similar to this... things like this can only be seen in
packet inspections... they won't show up by looking at server logs...