Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error on pulledpork

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 18:16:55 -0400

If they haven't been updated then the date won't change. We only write a shared object rule when plaintext rules won't
work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2013, at 3:11 AM, Anshuman Anil Deshmukh <anshuman () cybage com> wrote:

Thank you James. It worked. But I have a question based on the output that I get for pulledpork (see output below).

Question : There is no output generated for creation of stub files, so does it mean that the current stub files
doesn’t require any changes? The timestamp when the stub files were created was 30 Aug 2013. No changes thereafter?
How often are so_rules updated?

Thanks.

##### Start

    http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/
      _____ ____
     `----,\    )
      `--==\\  /    PulledPork v0.7.0 - Swine Flu!
       `--==\\/
     .-~~~~-.Y|\\_  Copyright (C) 2009-2013 JJ Cummings
  @_/        /  66\_  cummingsj () gmail com
    |    \   \   _(")
     \   /-| ||'--'  Rules give me wings!
      \_\  \_\\

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz....
        No Match
        Done
Rules tarball download of snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz....
        They Match
        Done!
Prepping rules from snortrules-snapshot-2950.tar.gz for work....
        Done!
Reading rules...
Generating Stub Rules....
        An error occurred: WARNING: ip4 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: tcp normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: icmp4 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: ip6 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        An error occurred: WARNING: icmp6 normalizations disabled because not inline.

        Done
Reading rules...
Setting Flowbit State....
        Enabled 37 flowbits
        Done
Writing /etc/snort/rules/snort.rules....
        Done
Generating sid-msg.map....
        Done
Writing v1 /etc/snort/sid-msg.map....
        Done
Writing /var/log/sid_changes.log....
        Done
Rule Stats...
        New:-------18762
        Deleted:---0
        Enabled Rules:----4924
        Dropped Rules:----0
        Disabled Rules:---13837
        Total Rules:------18761
No IP Blacklist Changes

Done
Please review /var/log/sid_changes.log for additional details
Fly Piggy Fly!

##### End

Regards,
Anshuman