Snort mailing list archives

Re: [sonrt-user]About rule options

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:22:06 +0530

Hello Joel Sir,

    I have looked for your solution but when I am generating rules by
parsing through rule generator I am getting error.

    I want to use count, seconds to detect DoS Attack

    As the following example parses effectively

   alert tcp 10.1.1.4 any -> 10.1.1.1 any (msg:"RAM";
content:"TAGMYPACKETS"; classtype:attempted-dos;
flow:to_server,established; sid:100001;
    rev:1; )

    but if I add count,seconds it does not work. I also tried with *tag*option

   alert tcp 10.1.1.4 any -> 10.1.1.1 any (msg:"RAM";
content:"TAGMYPACKETS"; classtype:attempted-dos;
flow:to_server,established; sid:100001;
    rev:1; count:50; seconds:1)

Please help me to solve this problem !!

Seeking for guidance

Thanks !!

P.S.: I have also search through Snort Manual but did not get hint.
*
--
*
*Cheers,