Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem Updating Rules with PulledPork

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:08:29 -0400

Yes, don’t edit the actual rules file/s, as they won’t survive a rules update with PulledPork. Use the conf files
located in the pulledpork\etc folder to manipulate the rules. They will survive a rule update.

Join the pulledpork user group.

Best regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management…

--

*          Visit Us @  <http://www.winsnort.com/> http://www.winsnort.com           *

*      ~~ FREE WinIDS Snort installation guides ~~      *

*               ~~ FREE support forums ~~               *

* Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://www.snort.org/> http://www.snort.org *