Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules snapshot archive?

From: yordanos beyene <yordanosb () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:37:21 -0700

This is not for a course given by a school/instructor.  I am personally
interested in the data for a research.

Thanks!

Yordanos.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM, <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:07 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
wrote:
On Sep 24, 2013, at 12:04 AM, <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
On Monday, September 23, 2013 10:05 PM, yordanos beyene <
yordanosb () gmail com>
wrote:
I appreciate if any one could help me download Snort rules snapshot
for the
last 5 to 10 years.
Is there any archive to access such rules?

you are not the first to have asked about such in the last month or
two... the
answer then as now is that there is no such archive available... old
version
rules are removed from distribution when the old snort for them is
EoL'd...

it matters not what the purpose of the request is... it is simply
impossible
to fulfill…

Which University gives this assignment out every year?

i started to ask the same thing earlier... i have to wonder if both
parties, this poster and the last one a month or so ago, attend the same
university... it would seem that the instructors of those classes would
also be participants in these related lists so that they would have at
least knowledge of what they are teaching and asking their student to do...