Snort mailing list archives

Re: how does sniffing use memory?

From: Balasubramaniam Natarajan <bala150985 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:31:27 +0530

Hi Jason Haar,

You could begin by grepping for the following

# grep -i error -R /var/log
# grep -i snort -R /var/log

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Jason Haar <Jason_Haar () trimble com> wrote:

We also have other identical boxes that don't show this symptom. I just
know that if I reboot this problem will be magically "solved" - but that
is obviously not a real solution

Can someone explain to me just what is behind this issue, as I need to
be able to figure out just which of our boxes are "underspec'ed"

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar