Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Dynamic Preprocessor] How to log packet and output alert: genSnortEvent or alertAdd?

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:25:25 -0400

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Hai Minh Nguyen <lightsea90 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing a dynamic preprocessor by DPX. After processing a packet, I
might generate an alert and log that packet for later analyzing if I found
it abnormal.

My problem:
I found 2 member of DynamicPreprocessorData struct: alertAdd and
genSnortEvent. I supposed those could help me. But I dont understand the
difference between 2 member yet. Which of them should I choose for my
purpose? If you know any other way, feel free to raise your idea.

Use alertAdd() to raise the alert.  Check dpx.c for an example.

BRs,

--
Kiếm ma độc cô cầu bại - Ôi, một đời oanh liệt, chỉ mong được chiến bại một
lần, nhưng chưa ai qua nổi quá tam chiêu!!!

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel