Snort mailing list archives

Re: HTTP Reassembly issue PAF enabled

From: Parmendra Pratap <parmendra.pratap () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 08:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Hui

Thanks again for a quick response.

Have tried -Q flag , but since I am using Pcap DAQ it fails to start with -Q set.
However it does start wiith --test-inline mode , which I assume works no different from -Q except that drops are not
enabled.
My snort.conf does haveĀ preprocessor normalize_tcp: ipsĀ have set.

But even with the above set up I can still replicate the same issue related to incorrect tcp flags.
As I said before , I think it seems like a matter of setting the tcp header of the last packet that completes the PDU
inside Packet->tcph->th_flags in the s5 preprocessor when doing a PAF based flushing.
I can see that the direction i.e. sourceIP/port and destIP/port being reversed for the same reason in the Packet struct
when doing a reassembly based flushing from s5.

Thanks
Parmendra

Hi Parmendra, To be clear, you must use IPS mode to get what you want, so you need to
1) use -Q  when you run snort
2) Enable Normalization for TCP: preprocessor normalize_tcp: ips Best,
Hui.