Snort mailing list archives

Re: Acid Base Help

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 22:57:50 +0000

That's a pretty old document.

I would use this, from the snort.org website.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org/www/assets/167/deb_snort_howto.pdf

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Shaun Marlin <shaun.marlin () canalta com>wrote:

Yet again, I need help.  I have spent the day trying to install SNORT with
ACIDBASE, but I keep falling into the same error.  When I run the script**
**

** **

*zcat create_mysql.gz | mysql -u snort -D snort –p**applicationpassword***
**

** **

I am being told that I do not have permissions.  Specificly I get the
following error****

** **

*ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘snort’@’localhost’ (using
password: YES)*