Snort mailing list archives

Re: noobq: reading and acting on a snort alert

From: "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty org>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 19:00:11 +0000

Also, if some of the connecting systems are in your HOME_NET space you can make EXTERNAL_NETS be !192.168.17.0/24.

Since this is SO you can look at the pcap to see if it's really Oracle traffic - maybe you missed a DB server
somewhere? Or, as Joel suggests, somebody's being a bit pink? :D (sorry, couldn't resist the misspelling of "rogue")

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT