Snort mailing list archives

Re: so_rules are not processed by pulledpork underFreeBSD 9.1

From: "Seth Dunn" <seth () d2ms com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 10:16:04 -0400

Hmm...
I am running my Snort and PP config under Windows 2008
I had a similar issue to getting PP to run as you are having now....
I tracked mine through adding in comments in the Pulledpork.pl file to give me output as to where it was at in the
script, as well as what variables it was working with at the time it croaked.

For me, I had to tell Perl to ignore folders in my Temp directory where the rules are extracted too.
So I told PERL to ignore folders '.', '..' and 'so_'
If I did not ignore those, for whatever reason PERL would hang on them and not be able to process the rules/script
properly.

If you like, you can view my progress on this post here (but remember this is a Windows box):
http://www.winsnort.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1271&postdays=0&postorder=asc