Snort mailing list archives

Re: Missing SID information on Snort site

From: MA Bel <mab_generic () outlook com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 19:24:15 +0000

Again... SID 21545 is also missing.   I found this link, which points to a disabled rule (which I have enabled).
http://www.snort.org/vrt/docs/ruleset_changelogs/2_9_1_2/changes-2012-03-08.html
What's the point of leaving rule in the rules file if the goal is to never use it? Correct me if I'm wrong but this
appears to be the motivation behind the removal of the related information page.