Snort mailing list archives

Snort and using IDS app with splunk

From: Josh Bitto <jbitto () onlineschool ca>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:56:25 -0700

Hello all....I was wondering if anyone uses splunk and have a similar setup to what I'm trying to accomplish.

We are using snort on our pfsense firewall and having the logs sent to our main log server (splunk) with that being
said... I have been looking at features that splunk offers and one of them is an IDS reference app that can pull
information from rule sets. I think for the most part it's just a searchable reference for rules that may fire. Has
anyone used this or have experience with it?

I'm wondering if it's worth the time to implement.