Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] TCP/UDP "trivial" ports?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:07:33 -0400

On Apr 23, 2013, at 3:56 PM, "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty org> wrote:

Maybe this should be left to classic firewall rules rather than IDS? But it'd be nice to have defense in depth.

This is what I'm thinking.  But we have a feature we're looking at that may solve this in Snort.  Don't want to commit
to it yet as bad things happen when I say "new feature may be coming" and then I get in trouble when the release slips.