Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort noob questions

From: Scott Bonar <sbonar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:55:43 -0600

Thanks. I enabled the portscan preprocessor and ran the nmap command, but I am still not getting any alerts.
What am I missing?

Scott

On 04/21/2013 06:02 PM, Caleb Jaren wrote:

If this helps, I've always used an nmap Xmas scan against a host in the monitored segment. The scan (iirc) would be something like "nmap -v -sX <target ip>".

What Joel said re: clam vs. Snort.