Snort mailing list archives

Re: [SPAM] FN on community very old sid 1253 rev 21?

From: Patrick Mullen <pmullen () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:37:51 -0400

Thanks for the info.  Looking at the rule and the exploit description,
I believe the flow is backward and I'm changing it to to_server.

Thanks,

~Patrick

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM, rmkml <rmkml () yahoo fr> wrote:
Hi,

Can you check flow side on this very old rule cause FN please? (this rule
are not enabled by default)

  alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $TELNET_SERVERS 23 (msg:"TELNET bsd exploit client finishing";
flow:to_client,established; dsize:>200;
content:"|FF F6 FF F6 FF FB 08 FF F6|"; depth:50; offset:200; rawbytes; metadata:ruleset community, service telnet;
reference:bugtraq,3064;
reference:cve,2001-0554; reference:nessus,10709; classtype:successful-admin; sid:1253; rev:21;)

Regards
Rmkml

http://twitter.com/rmkml

--