Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort sdrop

From: Joao Daniel Neves <joaodanielnevesss () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:09:12 +0300

Joel,

Thnak you! I'm working on how to put snort in in line mode. I'm getting some erros.

From: jesler () sourcefire com
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort sdrop
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:46:36 -0400
To: joaodanielnevesss () hotmail com

On Apr 22, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Joao Daniel Neves <joaodanielnevesss () hotmail com> wrote:I don't want register this
events from this source. If I could drop/block this package it would be great. So I tought that sdrop was a good way to
accomplish that. But for some reason it is not working. Do you have some clues ?What came to my mind is something about
the order that snort read the rules. Is it possible to make snort read first local.rules ?
I think what you are looking for is "config order".  http://manual.snort.org/node16.html.
But you must be in inline mode for sdrop to work in the first place.
--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT