Snort mailing list archives

config problems

From: "MCLEOD, DONNIE" <DMCLEO11 () caledonian ac uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:28:21 +0000

Hi Can anyone help with config problems?
Iam  trying to setup  IDSCenter with snort on a windows system XP to test a small network,
I want to use the center to detect polymorphic shell code in a test environment that I have set-up using Metasploit for
the exploits, from another computer.

  stream5 keeps loading and the IDScenter does not recognizes this?
also Ihave tried to use snort on the cmd line but keep getting this problem with a log file snort cannot find? alert
file log/  alert.ids
no such file or directory
  I cannot work out what I'am doing wrong what I'am doing wrong. Iam new to snort

Regards DONNIE