Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to extract part of “content” and print in “msg” of a Snort Alert

From: Jeffrey Stebelton <jstebelton () netjets com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:35:49 +0000

Does that mean in the future Snort would have the ability to include packet data in the alert? That would be a really
nice feature for Snort/Sourcefire, and about the only advantage that Enterasys Dragon has over Sourcefire (I ran Dragon
for over 10 years at a previous job). Including the packet data mean an intrusion analyst can make a rudimentary
analysis of the alert right from his phone or pager. That’s the one feature from Dragon I really miss.

Jeff Stebelton GCIA GCIH GCFW CEH SFCP
Senior Information Security Analyst
NetJets Inc.
4111 Bridgeway Avenue
Columbus, OH 43219
T: (614) 849-7281
C: (614) 364-3078
E: jstebelton () netjets com<mailto:jstebelton () netjets com>
www.netjets.com<http://www.netjets.com/>
NetJets® Inc. is a Berkshire Hathaway company.