Snort mailing list archives

Re: CVE vs VRT Rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:33:51 -0400

We place the CVE for each rule it's applicable to in the rule itself.  Searching the Rules section of the Sourcefire
GUI or a simple grep through the Open ruleset will tell you which rules for which CVEs there are.

If there are CVEs which we do not have coverage for, we can certainly try and develop coverage for it.  There are many
factors to rule creation, but more than likely we'll be able to create coverage for it.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT