Snort mailing list archives

Error app-detect.rules (18) Unknown ClassType:

From: Jim Turner <JTurner () hilltopconsultants com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:10:23 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I am still having problems.  I was able to fix my path problems / vs. \.

I am now getting the following error when initializing rule chains.

Error: c:\snort\rules\app-detect.rules(18) Unknown ClassType: web-application-attack

Fatal Error, Quitting..

Could not create the registry key

Please help!  I would really like to get this box in use tomorrow morning.