Snort mailing list archives

Re: Does Snort support country blocking

From: Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera () eneotecnologia com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:24:39 +0100

I would like to know if Snort supports blocking by geographic location?
 Using something like integration with GeoIP.  This is for the case where
our servers are known to receive frequent attacks from a certain country
and would like to block it.

We have included such capability into our redBorder IPS platform

It is free to download and open sourced, so feel free to give a try

PS.- I work for the company developing redBorder

Thanks!

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!