Snort mailing list archives

Database sizing and tuning

From: Mike Miller <mike () millertwinracing com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 05:35:01 -0700

Last time I was in the IDS realm, the 'common knowledge' was that you used Mysql for small and medium sized IDS
implementations, but when things got bigger, Postgres scaled better. Has that changed? Is there a better alternative?
I've got one test system that's currently doing everythign on-box (still building the DB server), and at 800 mbps
sustained, mysql is getting pokey after about day three. :D