Snort mailing list archives

Re: Install Snort 2.9 on Mac OSX (Lion)

From: Jason <jason () brvenik com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:08:45 -0500

These instructions should be pretty compatible.

http://www.snort.org/assets/188/Building_Snort_for_Mac_OS_X.pdf

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3370709?start=0&tstart=0

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Jessica B <b.jessica822 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get Snort installed on my Mac OSX 7.5 (Lion), but there is no
DMG package for it, only Linux and Windows of which neither package using
DMG. Thus, my understanding is that I must compile Snort from scratch using
the command line (Terminal) and install the application this way. My problem
is that I've never done this before.

Could someone give me a rundown on how to compile and install Snort from
scratch so I can get up and running with the app?

Also, I have command line tools and Homebrew (similar to Fink) installed so
I should be good to go once I get snort installed.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Jessica

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort
news!