Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules: TOR Servers

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 23:32:00 -0500

On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:20 PM, David Cottam <cot07001 () byui edu> wrote:

Hello,
I am configuring a snort server and am looking for a good way to detect what torrent servers are being accessed and
perhaps block them.  I have not been able to find anything useful online.

Who can help me with TOR rules?

We have the TOR exit nodes in our blacklist technology which you can use the IP reputation preprocessor to load up.

The feed is here:
http://labs.snort.org/feeds/ip-filter.blf

The next release of Pulledpork (or the one in svn right now) has this built in.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT