Snort mailing list archives

Updates

From: Josh Bitto <jbitto () onlineschool ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:07:46 -0800

Ok guys one last question....hopefully... :P

Does anyone know about updates on snort if it's installed on a pfsense firewall? The gui on the firewall has all of the
settings for snort to choose everything and on global settings it has the option to update every 12 hours (or the other
time difference options available)

I can't really tell if it is downloading the updates or not....The only thing I can go buy is the time stamps on the
rule sets. They "seem" to have the same time stamps as what shows on snort's website for the .tar.gz files.

So I guess my question is what should be the current time/date stamps on the rule sets for the latest download
available to non-subscription users.