Snort mailing list archives

About Snort installation

From: Mayur Patil <ram.nath241089 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:00:57 +0530

Hello,

   I am newbie to snort using snort 2.9.4 on ubuntu 10.04 server.

   I am following installation guide for snort on ubuntu

   It works fine but at testing stage,

   After entering command,

      sudo /usr/local/snort/bin/snort -u snort -g snort \

        -c /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth1

   it gives error

   ERROR: Can't start DAQ (-1) - SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device!

   Fatal Error, Quiting..

   This error is discussed several previous issues and I also gone for it.

   But didn't get actual idea of what to do ?? Stucked at the testing of
snort.

   Need help,

   Thanks !!

*--