Snort mailing list archives

Re: Logging problems on Windows using the -E switch

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:47:06 -0500

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Michael Steele <michaels () winsnort com> wrote:
It’s been awhile since I used this function. Using the –E switch sends
events to the Windows Application Log, but cuts off logging to unified2.

I believe the –E switch used to send events to the Application Log and the
‘output database’ at the same time; Pre Barnyard2?

Can this be fixed so the –E switch does not block other output logging
options?

Best regards,

Michael...

Hi Michael,

You should be able to get rid of the '-E' switch and add the following
to your snort.conf:

  output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_INFO

Todd