Snort mailing list archives

Re: Testing Snort

From: Josh Bitto <jbitto () onlineschool ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:10:37 -0800

Hmmm.....now I have another question...lol...it's hump day (middle of the week)

Is there a program out there that works with snort in a way to capture data from users.....let's say...sensitive data
rule gets fired (example Email Addresses) and we want to make sure that whatever rule that is....the content lines up
with company policy.

I know of wireshark, but that is just packets...