Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and buffering of packets

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:05:25 -0500

If you wanted to just store the JPEG file, I'd probably advise something like the 'tag' keyword (you can find it in the
manual as well).  Trigger on the JPEG's file magic as it's downloaded and tag the rest of the session.

Then you can reconstruct the jpeg from the packet capture.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT