Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort

From: "Michael D. Wood" <mike () itsecuritypros org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:38:43 -0400

Check out this thread Greg:

http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q1/530

--
Michael D. Wood
www.itsecuritypros.org

----- Reply message -----
From: "Greg Martin" <gmartin () integritybankonline com>
To: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort
Date: Fri, Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am
Hello, I’m new to Snort.  Just installed everything and got it working.  Just have a question regarding false positives
that we are receiving from some addresses on our network.  Is there a way to eliminate or pass traffic from certain
internal IP addresses so we don’t get a bunch of false alerts in the Snort console? Thanks, Greg MartinTechnology
Advancement OfficerIntegrity Bank717-920-3697 (office)717-395-5983
(cell)gmartin@integritybankonline.comMore.Faster.Better
Pennsylvania's Best Bank This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.