Snort mailing list archives

'make' Snort to compile my own preprocessor

From: Alex Adamos <alexthakidadam () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:26:09 +0200

Hi to all,
i'm trying to write my own preprocessor for Snort. My guide was the Write my own preprocessor from 'Syngress Snort
2.1,May 2004' which is a little bit old and do not know if this is the way to do it. So, i included my preproc header
file in plugbase.c, i inserted the Setup() function, i added my preproc source files to snort/src/preproc/Makefile.am.
My source files are in c++, using Ubuntu12.04.

Then, when i do 'make' i get the following error:
preprocessors/my_preproc.hpp:23:20 fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory.
compilation terminated.
I suppose it's because of the gcc and make, but how can i fix this? I'm new to c/c++ and linux...Thanks, Alex.