Snort mailing list archives

Alarm rule specific to a network session

From: Knut Borg <knutborg () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:36:18 +0100

Hey

I know this is mostly unlikely, but I'm willing to give it a shot. If you
create a detection rule based on a magic number of a specific file, is it
possible to make a new rule which will detect the footer of the file in
that specific session? I.e. the "footer" alarm will not trigger if no
header have been detected in the same session.

Knut