Snort mailing list archives

Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity

From: "Smith, Edward" <esmith () intacct com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:08:48 +0000

Hello,

I have been looking around and have not found anything that seems to answer this, so sorry if this has been addressed.
I am upgrading from snort 2.9.0 to 2.9.1, which I figured would be rather trivial.  However, I also upgraded to the
newest ruleset 2905 to 2940 and I am getting the following error:

Reputation config:
    WARNING: Can't find any whitelist/blacklist entries. Reputation Preprocessor disabled

Initializing rule chains...
ERROR: /etc/snort/rules/blacklist.rules(318) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Here is the offending entry, but this is the same error for every  trojan-activity error.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"BLACKLIST User-Agent known malicious User-Agent ErrCode -
W32/Fujacks.htm"; flow:established,to_server; content:"User-Agent|3A| ErrCode"; fast_pattern:only; nocase; http_header;
metadata:policy balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, service http;
reference:url,www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/malware/default.aspx?id=141161;
reference:url,www.virustotal.com/latest-report.html?resource=f9dc0803ea4634256eae73b2db61a3c5;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:18247; rev:4;)

Strange thing is that I am using the same entries in my blacklist as before, and those worked fine with
trojan-activity.  Is there something that has disabled my ability to check for these kinds of attacks?   Any help here
is appreciated.

Ed Smith
esmith () intacct com