Snort mailing list archives

Re: mysql error prevails...

From: AllowOverride <allowoverride () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:51:35 -0700

alll finally1!! omg... i didn't even check my.cnf... thanks, ill report
my findings in a bit. see fellas, this is what im talking about, the
little things, they do matter lol
thanks Marco..

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 21:16 -0400, Marcos Rodriguez wrote:
        grants are fine, ufw is off, hostname is jupiter, snort.conf
        is set to
        localhost, or anywhere else it is required in howtos, yet... i
        still get
        this cheesy error,,, anyone come across this before? and saw
        it was
        something not common?

        mysql --version
        mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.24, for debian-linux-gnu (i686)
        using
        readline 6.2

        mysqladmin --version
        mysqladmin  Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.5.24, for debian-linux-gnu on
        i686

        sighs.....

Hiya AO,

I may be off base, and may be repeating an earlier answer from an
earlier thread, but have you checked your my.cnf in /etc/mysql?   If
the hostname is set = to localhost, then remote mysql logins will not
be accepted, even though the port is listening.

marcos