Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort / Pulled Pork Confusion

From: AllowOverride <allowoverride () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:55:21 -0700

ok, what am i doing wrong now:

1.

# /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl -c /etc/snort/etc/pulledpork.conf -T -l

    http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/
      _____ ____
     `----,\    )
      `--==\\  /    PulledPork v0.6.1 the Smoking Pig <////~
       `--==\\/
     .-~~~~-.Y|\\_  Copyright (C) 2009-2011 JJ Cummings
  @_/        /  66\_  cummingsj () gmail com
    |    \   \   _(")
     \   /-| ||'--'  Rules give me wings!
      \_\  \_\\

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz....
Rules tarball download of snortrules-snapshot-2931.tar.gz....
        A 500 error occurred, please verify that you have recently updated your
root certificates!

2.

Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Running in Continuous mode
Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]:
Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]:         --== Initializing
Barnyard2 ==--
Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Initializing Input Plugins!
Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Initializing Output Plugins!
Oct  4 16:48:00 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Parsing config file
"/etc/snort/etc/barnyard2.conf"

Oct  4 16:48:20 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Log directory
= /var/log/barnyard2
Oct  4 16:48:20 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Initializing daemon mode
Oct  4 16:48:21 jupiter barnyard2[17704]: Daemon initialized, signaled
parent pid: 17701
Oct  4 16:48:21 jupiter barnyard2[17704]: PID path stat checked out ok,
PID path set to /var/run/
Oct  4 16:48:21 jupiter barnyard2[17704]: Writing PID "17704" to file
"/var/run//barnyard2_eth0.pid"
Oct  4 16:48:21 jupiter barnyard2[17701]: Daemon parent exiting
Oct  4 16:48:21 jupiter barnyard2[17704]: FATAL ERROR: database:
mysql_error: Access denied for user 'snort'@'localhost' (using password:
YES)

sighs.... little community help .. thanks...