Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: k vijay sai prashanth <vijaysaiprashanth () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 16:30:52 +0530

Hello Everyone,

I have installed and IDS in my organization which has a RAM of 2 GB and is
a 32-bit processor. It runs RHEL and has the snort version of 2.8.6. My
organization is a small/medium organization with around 2000 employees
around the world. We have a quite a bit of internal and external traffic.

Now here's the question: What would be the ideal memory requirements for
the IDS sensor.

My IDS sensor currently runs the database, Aanval and Snort on the same
machine. Is this the correct architecture? It keeps hanging frequently. Is
there something wrong that I am doing here?

Regards,
Prashanth
Information Security Analyst.