Snort mailing list archives

Re: pfring and traffic splitting

From: Greg Williams <gwillia5 () uccs edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:42:14 +0000

Thanks Peter, I tried it, and I'll leave it running for a while.  Looks like it's still dropping about 43% of packets
with only 83Mbps right now.  I'm guessing it has something to do with packet reassembly in Stream5.  If I turn off tcp
reassembly, I don't lose any packets, but then I also don't get any alerts.

According to the performance stats:

Num            Preprocessor                  Layer       Checks        Exits               Microsecs      Avg/Check
Pct of Caller           Pct of Total
1                   s5TcpProcessRebuilt     4                29922             29922             22845088     763.49
        4101.47                    36.70