Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT not saving pcap file

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:45:39 -0400

On 10/25/2012 19:18, jtravlos () rsignia com wrote:
When I do the command, a file shows up in the folder, but then disappears when I
stop SNORT.

"a file"?? what file? what is the name?

It appears when I use snort.conf, it won't save the file.

this sounds like possibly some kind of clean up from your script that executes
snort... more info is needed :/