Snort mailing list archives

Alerts with the incorrect Source IP (proxy server)

From: "Turnbough, Bradley E." <bturnbough () belcan com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:04:27 +0000

Hi Guys,

I'm getting alerts generated, but they are coming up as the source IP of my proxy server.  Is there a way to tell Snort
/ Barnyard2 / Snorby that it should report the IP address of the website instead?

Thanks,
Brad

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the
addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is
appreciated.