Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard2-1.10 major problem

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:47:33 -0400

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr.
<lhughes () safemedia com> wrote:
Hi,

We have discovered that barnyard2-1.10 (all builds) has a major problem
where it will only pass one (1) packet per-alert to the database and
discards any further packets reported by snort 2.9.3.1!

We have been in touch with the author of barnyard2 and they can not offer
any solutions and are working on a complete re-write of spooler.c for the
release 2.2 of barnyard2.

Lawrence,
I wrote you a follow-up e-mail, and you never replied.

But i will include it in this reply.
<SNIP>