Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is there a snort/libnids alternative

From: Chris Green <greencm () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:09:18 -0500

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:43 AM, <elof () sentor se> wrote:

I'm looking for exactly the same thing as libnids.

The main thing missing in libnids is continued reassembly of tcp-flows
even though there are SPAN packet drops.

You need to look at Bro scripts, Suricata preprocessor(?) or Snort
preprocessor.  All of these deal with mid-stream issues on some level via
their TCP engines.   The only big different to libnids is the program
perspective of is it a small part of your program or is your program part
of theirs.

--
Chris Green <greencm () gmail com>