Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort.conf issues

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 15:18:09 -0500

On 12/24/2012 22:49, eric wrote:
I am having a problem when testing my snort configuration file. I have Snort set
up on a Vista(32bit) system following the install guide. I have set all the
variables correctly as far as network and path to rules and so on. When I run
the test command (snort -d -l C:\snort\log -c C:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -i 3 -T )
it seems to do well untill after checking the blacklist.rules file. After which
I get the following lines in my terminal:

what do you have HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET set to??

ERROR:  c:\snort\etc\snort.conf(533) => Invalid argument: include

this would seem to indicate an include line with no file name specified to be
included...