Snort mailing list archives

Re: ASN1 question

From: Eric G <eric () nixwizard net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:51:31 -0500

On Dec 18, 2012 3:40 PM, "Patrick Mullen" <pmullen () sourcefire com> wrote:

James,

ASN.1 stuff really has to be done using an SO rule.

I don't mean to thread hijack, but I thought SO rules were used solely for
rule obsfucation... your reply to the original question kind of implies
more advanced rule logic can be rolled into SO rules, presumably at the
expense of some performance in rule processing. Is that correct?

I'm just trying to strengthen my Snort Kung Fu a bit... didn't know SO
rules can be used like that

--
Eric