Snort mailing list archives

Re: question

From: "lists () packetmail net" <lists () packetmail net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 16:24:18 -0500

On 10/01/2012 04:10 PM, Thomas, Sheena (RTIS) wrote:
When downloading new rules will they override existing customized rules?

On the SDC I know the rules are kept in "local.rules", even in the DB schema.

On the Open Source side I would recommend ensuring your customer rules are in
local.rules or whatever naming convention you're using.

If you can give me some more specifics on your configuration I can offer more
targeted information.

Cheers,
Nathan